Thursday, August 5, 2010

Life update


Hey! It has been more than a year since I've updated this blog so I'm not even sure if anyone will read it. This summer has been a lot of fun. I've been doing minimal working and lots of relaxing and having fun. I have been camping, spending time with family and friends, to Six Flags, to Mt. Olympus, to Chicago, gardening (yes I have a lovely garden), and just hanging out. I figure it is my last free summer because I will hopefully be working full time after I graduate from college with my nursing degree this December. So my idea is that I should enjoy the last part of this stage in my life, because I will soon be a full time working woman.

Since the lease on my current apartment ends this month, I moved into a new place. It is an upper two bedroom apartment that is actually next door to my boyfriend, Arron's, house. Although it is too big for my needs, I still signed the lease because it was one of the only places in Oshkosh that would allow me to do a month to month lease. It was such a "blast" moving into the new place, especially moving my couch up through my balcony since it wouldn't fit through the door at the top of the stairs. Thanks dad and Arron for your help!

It has been a relaxing few days before I have a 5 day stretch at work. It will be the most I've worked all summer :). As some of you know, Arron (and I) already have two dogs, Shian and Izzy. A few days ago we came to a crazy agreement that it would be a good idea to get a puppy. I know, its crazy, we must be crazy. I feel like I should think it's "too much" or too expensive, but we are both laid back and willing to spend time with it since our lives aren't too busy yet. It works out with our schedules this month to be able to potty train and be able to play with it while the other of us is at work. That is why it is so nice to have houses so close together. So we went together and picked up a 6 week old Border Collie/Australian Shepherd mix puppy. We named him Marley, like in the book/movie Marley and Me. He has been so good and calm. I even think he's already potty trained better than little chihuahua Izzy. He's been starting to chew on things, but Arron and I find something appropriate for him to chew on and he's already learning that he is supposed to chew on toys only. It will be an adventure and if it becomes too much with so many dogs --we always find days when we are willing to give naughty little Izzy away. So that's the newest thing in my life.

I will try to update the blog more about my life and thoughts. Even if no one reads it I will have my life documented a little better. Hope you are all enjoying the summertime!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I forgot to add this...
    We went to the dog park today with Marley, Izzy and Shian and met an awesome family. They had two little girls, one that reminded me of my cousin Bella and another girl with something like Cerebral Palsy (CP). The two little girls had a ton of fun playing with Marley and the little girl with CP kept saying (through sign language) that Marley was a "cow" dog after her mom mentioned that he looked like a cow. Her mom said that this little girl would be talking about Marley for the next week. It was cool to be able to share the little puppy with those girls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on using a blog, now don't forget to update often. The dog is cute even though I think it is crazy that you and Arron have 3 dogs!!

    Hope to see you soon! Love ya amy

    ReplyDelete